- The European Community takes 21.2 % of Pakistan’s total exports
- Textiles & Clothing make up about 75 % of Pakistan’s exports to the EU, the remaining are leather goods and various other products.
- In the ranking of EU’s main import partners, Pakistan takes 51st place, making up 0.2 % of EU imports (China 1st/16.2 %, India 9th/2.1 %).
- For Pakistan, the EU is the 4th most important import partner, accounting for 10.4 % of total imports after China, Saudi Arabia and the UAE
- Pakistan’s imports from EU mainly comprise mechanical and electrical machinery as well as chemical and pharmaceutical products.
- In the ranking of EU’s main export partners, Pakistan takes 48th place, making up 0.2 % of EU exports. (China 2nd/8.5 %, India 9th/2.3 %)
- Germany is Pakistan’s largest trading partner among European states. Pakistan’s exports in US $ (million) are as under:
|The European Union||5,457||6,925||5,796|
Trade between Pakistan and Germany is as under
|Year||Pakistan’s Exports to Germany US $ (million)||Pakistan’s Imports from Germany US $ (million)|
Source ITC Trade Map