Requirements for Machine Readable Passport
Ordinary Machine Readable Passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan.
The Embassy will process issuance of the Machine Readable Passport (MRP) valid for five years & Ten years subject to fee deposit.
- There are two categories of Ordinary Machine Readable Passport, only for variation among application type/procedure of obtaining passport.
- Machine Readable Passport (MRP) after being successfully processed, usually require the following time duration for its delivery.
- Following are the mandatory requirements for applying Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
18 & Above
Fee in EUR
|Fee 5 Years Validity||Fee 10 Years Validity||1st time Loss
|2nd time Loss
|3rd time Loss
|Normal (36-Pages)||36||70||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
|Urgent (36-Pages)||70||140||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
|Normal (72-Pages)||70||140||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
|Urgent (72-Pages)||140||280||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
|Normal (100-Pages)||90||180||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
|Urgent (100-Pages)||180||330||Double Fee||Four times fee||Eight times fee|
* In case of the loss of passport following formalities will be completed:
- Police report to be lodged with the concerned police station mentioning previous passport number.
- Requisite fee as per nature of loss i.e. 1st loss, 2nd loss, 3rd loss to be deposited in the Bank.
- On 3rd Loss of Passport, the Embassy will issue emergency passport for return to Pakistan with intimation to Dte. Gen. I&P. In Pakistan, the case will be referred to Dte. Gen. I&P for further action.
- Please check all requirements before submission of FEE as PASSPORT FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Option 1
- Deposit fee through your bank’s debit card at the electronic deposit machine installed at the Embassy. Only those debit cards can be used which are operative in Germany.
- In case of fee submission in Local (German) Bank it is mandatory to provide their bank statement (Kontoauzung) showing evidence of deposition of fee in the Embassy’s designated account alongwith deposit slip (Uberweisung). The fee should be deposited in the following account:-
Commerzbank, Account Number 2667897,
(IBAN DE26 1004 0000 0266 7897 00, BIC COBADEFFXXX)
- Machine Readable Passports are processed during Monday-Thursday from 0900-1230 hours except on public holidays.
- Collection timing for collection of passports are fixed from Monday to Thursday from 1400-1630 hours.
- Upon reaching the Embassy the applicants who are in possession of the requisite documents (NICOP/Old passport, photocopies of the documents and fee receipt etc) will receive their queue token from the Receptionist (please bring photocopies of the relevant documents. A photocopy machine is however, available in the Consular Hall for a small fee).
- After receiving the token, the applicants will wait in the Consular Hall, in front of the MRP Section for their turn.
- The MRP process will commence at the Photographic Desk (required documents will be scrutinized and photograph bearing token will be issued).
- Applicants will then proceed to the next counter for finger prints/ data entry.
- Finally, applicants will be interviewed and decision will be made / conveyed by the Incharge MRP/Consular Officer for further processing in Islamabad.
Delivery period for normal passports is about 25 to 30 days, while urgent passports are delivered within 12 to 14 days approximately.
Applicants can confirm status/availability of applied Passport on the Embassy’s website (news/announcements) before visiting the Embassy for collection.
The new passports can be collected during Monday- Thursday from 1400-1630 hours except on public holidays and during Ramadan.
- Applicants are advised to collect their new passports from the Embassy in person. The applicants are requested to bring their previous original passports and the MRP receipt at the time of delivery.
- However if due to some unavoidable circumstances the applicants are unable to come to the Embassy in person, they can collect their new passports through a designated person who carries a signed authority letter from the applicant, his own identity and the applicant’s previous passport.
- Alternatively the applicants can obtain their new passports through post in which case they should send a self addressed return envelope with Euro 3.90 postage stamps affixed on the envelop along with their previous original passport.
- In case of applicants residing in countries neighbouring Germany, where MRP facility is not available, the new MRPs are sent to the Pakistani Embassy/ Consulate situated in the country of their residence, on courier expenses to be borne by the applicants themselves.
- Such applicants can receive their new passports from the concerned Embassy / Consulate directly. The Embassy will not be responsible for loss of passport through post.
- a) In case the applicants are below 18 years of age, they should be accompanied by either of the parents/legal guardian, along with original plus two copies of passports of both the parents.b) Applicants’ thumbs and index fingers of both right and left hands should be without any indelible colouring e.g. ink or henna (menhdi) for proper finger prints.c) It is mandatory that both ears of the applicants are visible at the time of taking photographs.
d) No endorsement in MRP is possible. e) Names of children cannot be included in parent’s passport.
f) For applicants serving in the Government of Pakistan service, no objection letter (NOC) from their parent department and authorization from Directorate General of Immigration and Passports are also mandatory.
g) In case of dual nationals please bring original passport of that country and its copy along with the Pakistani passport.
h) In case of Government Officer/Employee (Federal or Provincial departments of Pakistan/Autonomous/Semi-Autonomous Departments/ Defence Forces), must bring original NOC addressed to the Embassy for Issuance of Passport by the Competent Authority. The employees who have left Government service must bring original Resignation Acceptance/ Service Termination Certificate.
i) If CNIC/NICOP is valid but picture does not match your current facial features, please revise picture on NICOP prior to coming for MRP.
j) Appointment is mandatory in case of application for Diplomatic or Official Passports
Registration of the Child as Pakistani Citizen
- Children born to Pakistan National Parents (either father or mother) are eligible for Pakistani Passport.
- Registration of Child’s Birth must be done with the Embassy of Pakistan Berlin within three months after the birth. Birth Registraion Process can be seen on the following link.
- Children successfully registered with the Embassy will get form S-1.
- After issuance of form S-1, NICOP must be applied online on the following link.
- Eventually, the passport will be processed upon issuance of NICOP/Smart card.
- Futher Documents required are;
- Parents CNIC and copies
- Visa and copies
- Accompanied with father or mother.
- Birth certificate and copy
* Children under 15 Years of age will be issued 05 years validity passport.
- Duration of the renunciation varies from case to case.