Automated/Digital Power of Attorney
Before submitting an Online Power of Attorney (PoA) application, Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an Overseas Pakistani.
- Details of Attorney and Witnesses
- Valid Identity document of each Applicant including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of each Witness including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of the Attorney including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid e-mail address
- Contact Number and Mailing Address in the country of application (outside of Pakistan)
- Biometrics of Applicant (Best 4 fingers)
- Biometrics of 2x Witnesses (Best 4 fingers)
- Credit Card / Debit Card to make online Fee Payment within the application
- Actual Power of Attorney (scanned copy to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- Any other relevant documents (for example Affidavit, where applicable, to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
In case of a Foreigner, the Applicant is required to physically visit the concerned Pakistan Mission Abroad after having their documents attested from their country’s State Department/Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In order to facilitate the Overseas Pakistanis the Government is launching the automation of Power of Attorney. Instead of physically appearing in the Embassy for attestation of Power of Attorney, the executants can apply online while sitting at home. This service will be available initially for the Overseas Pakistanis living in USA and UK and will also be available soon for Pakistanis living in other parts of the world.
Procedure for online attestation of Power of Attorney will be as follows:
The user or executor shall visit the online portal and sign up in order to be facilitated by online services to apply for the attestation and administration of any oath.
Once logged in, the details of executor, attorney, witnesses as well as all relevant documents are required to be uploaded.
Upon successful verification of the details by NADRA and successful fee payment of $36/, Pakistan Mission Abroad, will conduct online interview.
Upon successful conduct of the process Pakistan Mission Abroad will issue receipt
The executer can then print the receipt and physically dispatch the instrument and receipt both to the relevant agent or nominee, as the case may be